Guardian Music x theCool: Six Songs of Me! [COMPETITION]
As you may know, slowly but surely we are growing our theCoolMUSIC fan base and developing ways of bringing you new, fresh and of course cool music as much as possible. In this bid, we have teamed up with Guardian Music to bring you this new competition!
Guardian Music have just launched Six Songs of Me, a unique celebration of the songs that have shaped peoples’ lives. The service asks each user to answer six simple questions about the songs that mean something to them, namely:
1. what was the first song you bought?
2. what song always gets you dancing?
3. what song takes you back to your youth?
4. what is the best song you’ve ever heard live?
5. what song would you have played at your funeral?
6. what about your encore? your wildcard? one.more.song
In conjunction with Six Songs of Me we’ve got 3 x 1GB USB Mixtapes by Suck to give away, worth £20 each – plus a £5 iTunes voucher to fill it with your six songs.
Want to win? Just go over and create your own playlist here. Check Come back here and email us at email@example.com, and paste your playlist link in there. That’s it. We’ll pick 3 random winners. This competition ends on August 30th.
There’s also a chance to win one of 5 x iPads over at the Guardian Six Songs of Me site. All you have to do is head over and create your own playlist, and drop the URL into the box over at this competition page to be in with a chance of winning.
Very dope right?! If you are having difficulties thinking of songs, then check out our Editor – Christina‘s pick below:
1. First song ever bought: ‘Mo’ Money Mo’ Problems’ (Biggie feat Puff Daddy & Ma$e) … I was 11 years old! The track was blazing every where, it was pocket money and trip to a local store to get it!!
2. A song that makes me dance: Definitely ‘Somebody to Love Me’ (Mark Ronson & The Business Intl)… the beat drops and it all over haha! Oh and Boy George is still a favourite from back in the day!!
3. A song that takes me back: ‘Rock With You’ (Michael Jackson)… it was all about dancing for me… this was definitely something I remember chilling to at one of my birthday parties… My 4th birthday party to be exact!
4. Best song ever heard live: ‘Otis‘ (Jay-Z & Kanye West) at the Watch The Throne Concert recently in London… words just can’t describe it!
5. A Song at my Funeral: ‘Heaven‘ (John Legend) … The Lyrics go “Make this night the best night. It’s time for second chance. Turn the beat up on repeat and we could start to dance” that’s what I want everyone doing!!
6. My Encore? ‘Doo Wop (That Thing)‘ (Lauryn Hill)… I’m a chill out kind of girl… this songs gets me live everytime, Lauryn was the best… drinks, bbq, dance anyone?
GET ON IT FOLKS!!